Neither West Nor Virginia

All my life Nature has been good to me. I appreciated Nature before I realized she was my home.
I was always outside as a child. I made mud pies and caught fireflies; I climbed trees and the vines that hanged from them. I hiked in the mountains as far as my adolescent legs would take me.
I was in love with the wonder and magic that rolled in my West Virginia hills. I needed the sunshine.

Although I live in a city now, the mountains are easily accessible.
State parks transition us from man's creation to God's. This is where my solace begins.
As soon as I walk through the green lush, everything gets quiet.
I feel their eyes on me. But I let them know my intentions are pure with a lot of love.

Last week I found an off-trail site where a magical nook exists in the forest.
Here the ground is neither dirt nor water.
The rocks were neither wet nor dry, and the trees overhead were silent. But their promise of serenity was our shared prayer.
I walked a little farther into the shadow where it was neither light nor dark, where only the light peeked through.
Then, the trees whispered; they showed me how the fallen limbs were once their strength.
They showed me their layered solidarity that formed a shelter.
Gnomes lived there, the earth elementals.
I'm glad that they felt comfortable showing me.
The water spirits danced silently, and the air circulated allowing us to breathe. The breath connects the mind and the soul.
Here the creek trickles with soft passion. Light leads the way, and the trees offer an option of refuge.
Surrounded by and in awe of the green gateway, language moves with no words.

As an evolved spiritual being, making time for Nature is more than necessary:
My mood lifts, my burdens lighten, and my worries are resolved with her.
After my awakening but before learning about the faerie realm, my instinct was to use Earth's natural energy to neutralize mine.
I needed to dig into her.
I needed to feel her dirt in my hands, sit barefoot in the grass, and breathe in the God source and sunshine.

I see the magic everywhere, but it becomes more defined in Nature.

She is the house for my meditations; I breathe in the energy she releases and breathe out what she needs to begin the cycle all over again.
The ether then forms together as all elements become our resource for life.
Energy becomes matter, and our vision is from their sight. It is then we capture our gift of mind. Perception is ours.

Thus, the ordinary is extraordinary. Simplicity is freedom, and mindfulness grants the soul to be gracious and to be understanding of this freedom.
Magic happens in the solitary where the smallest blessing becomes part of the whole.
Realize that the normal is divine, and the larger picture will become tangible.



Popular Posts