A Whole Lot of New-

I'm bring my spirituality to the forefront of my life.

God says it's time. I've put it off for too long.


I knew that I was meant to be a healer, but I had given up hope that I would ever really start a practice to heal people.
Now, my dreams are coming true. They are just now inching forward to the light, but these are huge steps for me. I have never felt so close to my spiritual side and its integration into the world.

And this is so important to me.


Let's Gro

Today I talked with a young lady who is the CEO of a nonprofit organization that helps individuals from the Huntington area who are in recovery from addiction. It's called Gro Huntington.
I know that I could have made that sentence smaller, but I don't really want to.
I'm not editing, remember? :)

Back to what I was saying.
My meeting with her was to discuss my vision that I have had for a while, even before I have picked up Reiki as a healing technique.
Before all this, I wanted to aid in the process of rehabilitating drug addicts instead of incarcerating them. That was a passion on mine that I remember talking with my mentor at school about. I asked her how in the world should I go about this?
She gave me a few options-- one being academia. This path isn't completely gone away from my mind or plans for another purpose. But, for helping with the drug epidemic, I want to open up my healing practice with this.
I have always been sympathetic toward drug users, but honestly, it was too much sympathy and not enough realism.

The fact of the matter is that when they are in full-blown addiction, they are manipulative. They will lie to your face; they will do anything and everything to get what they need because their body and mind tells them to. I never really had that encounter with someone, but I was exposed to just enough to understand the effects that it has on families.
Fortunately, I was around a family who was supportive to a person actively in addiction.
 
I was around a mother who would do anything for her son and who showed him compassion after every single relapse. I was around a family who opened up their home time after time to a withdrawing person who just happened to make several destructive choices.

That's the side of addiction that I saw. I'm glad that was the perspective that God showed me.

My passion of healing and helping people has always been there, and God showed me that my purpose is to serve by healing others. I heal by healing others, and if you semi-keep up with my other writing, you know that this is a theme in all my writing. And if you don't know, now you know.

I need to heal to heal others, and I need to heal others to heal.
Up until now (and maybe sometimes still), I have chosen not to heal just for the idea of comfort. I have chosen to stay on the side of fear. I have chosen to stay in some patterns because they were what I knew, what I liked--
but the thing is,
I outgrew those patterns and they outgrew me. And Satan knew that
.

But I make another choice. To be free instead of fearful. 




As I make the choice to step out on the other side of fear, my mind and body is at rest.

I was going to say peace, at ease, but the word is rest. My mind can chill out from the constant doubt and fear and insecurities. My body can release the tension; I can drop my shoulders from my ears, sit up a little straighter, and breathe. I can be present and know that it will be okay...

Because I'm choosing to move forward.

I chose this. I choose this.
And I will continue to.

Because, if not, things will not go right for me and I will not be healthy. My mind will be crooked and my body will suffer. I won't feel well, period. 
And that's a good thing. I'm aware if I'm no longer aligned with God's plan because I'm aware and tuned into my body. 

Yeah. 
That sounds good. 
Blogging leads to realizations, epiphanies, 
and you can't beat the writing practice. 


Until next time. 

Popular Posts