Earth Senses

On this Earth Day here in WV, it is raining, dark, and cloudy. I wish it were sunny on this day, but maybe this is just how the Earth feels today. On her day, she is cleansing and growing. Cooling things down a bit for us. For what reasons, I'm sure there are plenty, but for now, I want to give my biggest blessings to her and to honor her in all ways that I am able.

I began this article maybe a week ago because its title "Earth Senses" visited me during meditation.
I feel it's the perfect time to finish and publish.
I'd love to share my experiences of my love for the Earth and her creatures.
Shortly after my spiritual awakening (that I guess I should write about sometime), I would receive a profound thought and immediately see a flock of birds just fly out of nowhere. I just knew that was not a coincidence!
 I'll never forget the day I consciously made the decision to look into symbolism that birds could bring to humans. This is when I found out about animal totems and omens in nature.
(Side note: if you're interested as well, I highly recommend the book Animal Speak.)

It wasn't until later that year, during the fall of 2016, that I bought that book instead of googling every animal, bird, insect, spider, or reptile with which I came into contact. The book helped me to understand that not every animal or bird occurrence has a concrete sign, but rather they carry energies of certain aspects of life. They hold the secrets to the universe. The creature world does not speak our language; rather, they have their universal own.
In these dishonorable and present times, we can choose to open up and re-learn their communication. After all, we once were a civilization who understood and who did honor the planet. We "painted with the colors of the wind" so to speak. This is an especially close subject to me because a major part of my life purpose is to honor Mother Earth and all her beings, great and small. Her invisible realms are what continue the magic.

This magic is incredible as I've learned to listen to Nature. In particular, I've fallen in love with flowers, trees, and the birds, but I can not forget the squirrels or the dragonflies! (These are two energies that I felt called to mention, lol.) Birds wake me up some mornings, and when I hear their consistent chirping or tweeting, I make sure that I tune in, even if just for a moment. The sensations that I feel from them is hard to describe in language, but I can attempt to describe.

I will get a sense in the form of a thought of feeling, and then turn around to see a creature who may have felt or relayed that sense and message to me. Lately, they have been birds, spiders, and insects, especially bees and wasps. I feel things, and I do not even realize until I see the tangible and "real" creature beside or across from me. What happens is that I recognize the energy before I physically see the creature with my eyes. It's my Earth senses.

I started a new job at a country club, and we have a patio where people can enjoy the view above the green grass of the golf course while they have a meal. My favorite area of the restaurant because of the natural beauty and vibe!
One afternoon I was cleaning, and observed many spider webs on the chairs, lights, and the stairs. I watch out for these creatures, and before I clean off the spider webs, I try to give ample notice for the being(s) that made it or may be hiding or inhabiting it. When I finished cleaning, I felt a creature see me. I then looked up as I was about to open the door to go inside, and I saw the spider that was above the door. I felt her there, acknowledged her and the message that she had for me, and was amazed at the connection that we established.
So the other night, I was assigned to the patio during my first dinner shift. What an amazing and successful night! I took table after table, and the night was going very smoothly. Finally, it was the end of the shift, and one of my most expensive and generous tables finished their meal. I was on his right side talking with him when I saw a quarter-sized spider spin down and hang from her web that was attached to the ceiling fan. She was just above his head. I made the connection with her, and I calmly told the man to be still as she began to spin back up her web. I had my hand on his shoulder, as if to reassure that he was safe, and that I was calm about the situation. She finally made it back up to the fan, where she stayed on the light for the rest of the night.

My experiences are, of course, mine, and I would be happy to share more if anyone is interested. I am connected to the fairy and creature realms indefinitely, and they are major guides through this life of mine. I have a whole journal of "nature notes" that have helped me to understand the little bit about these realms that I do now, but I have also read and am reading more and more from Ted Andrews who has his own experiences as well. Today, let's make a decision to become conscious of changes, big and small, that we can personally make to save not only the planet, but ultimately ourselves and the future. The Earth is non-renewable-- we only get one. But our hearts can be!

Peace and love.




Popular Posts